Black cold shoulder dresses are a form of little black dress known to add drama to any occasion. The cold shoulder dress or top can be defined as a dress or top with bare shoulders. The little black dress, on the other hand, is a black evening or cocktail dress. The little black dress, commonly known as the LBD, is often short and fashionable. The first designers to come up with the term “little black dress” were Coco Chanel and Jean Patou back in the 1920s. Ninety percent of the female population has a little black dress in their closet. In this post, we discuss stylish ways in which you can rock the little black dress.
How to rock the little black dress
- For a stylish look, you can add a coat, for example, a jacket made of denim or leather. This will help you create an edgy look. This look can be worn on different occasions, especially the more casual ones.
- To keep the dress from looking too plain, you can add a scarf. This will help you create patterns and add color to the outfit, thus helping you bring out a unique look.
- It is always wise to pair the little black dress with a pair of heels. This is more appropriate for parties and evening events like dates. For a more casual look, you can pair it with sandals. When the dress is too short, a pair of boots will do the trick. The shoes can either be ankle boots or thigh-high boots. For a bit of color, you can go for brighter colored shoes.
- In case the outfit appears too dull, you can always add a bit of shine and edge with jewelry. Bags can also be an excellent way to accessorize. While this may help improve your look and make it more unique, make sure that you do not overdo it.
- Belts are always an excellent accessory to the little black dress. Belts can help to highlight your waistline and make the dress look hot.
How you wear a little black dress depends on the occasion. For a date, a pair of heels, a belt, and a clutch bag would do the trick. On the other hand, for a wedding, a designer necklace heals, and a jacket would do. It is always the wrong decision to wear the little black dress with shinny leggings as well as metallic leggings. This takes away from the classiness of the dress.
Where can you wear a little black dress?
The little black dress can be worn to:
- Dinner dates
- A night out with friends
- Family events
- All kinds of parties
Women of all shapes and sizes can wear a little black dress. The dress can also be transformed into a cool maternity look. There is nothing that you cannot do with the little black dress. From creating a festive look to an official and a summer attire, there is no occasion or season that the LBD is not applicable.